Saturday, 6 August 2011

Marie Claire Freebies & New Camera!

 Today I went shopping with my Mum and we went to WHSmith's and I stumbled across the new issue of Marie Claire and saw they were giving out free Ciate Nail Polishes and free Dove hair conditioners. They were offering 2 shades of the nail polish to collect and both were exclusive to Marie Claire magazine and you cannot get them anywhere else. My mum fell in love with the Pale pinky/nude colour and had to buy straight away! I wasn't a huge fan of the Ciate colour I got in my july Glossybox so I decided to get the magazine and go for the Purple shade! 



On top of the free nail polish they also provided a 25% off code for everything on the Ciate website which seems pretty handy! and ends 30th September (as this is the September issue)




The two shades were called 'Wait Until Dark' (the purple one) and 'My Fair Lady' (the pink one), I have tried finding out if they sell these on Ciate's website but they don't so they are definitely exclusive for Marie Claire like shown on the packaging above. From the pictures from other blogs I've seen with these shades applied to nails, they both look really great, the purple looks really metallic and opaque whereas I think the pink is more sheer and needs to be built up to get an opaque colour.


Here's the Dove conditioners that also came free with the magazine, My mum got the one on the left (Nourishing Oil Care) in her magazine with the Pink nail polish and I got the one on the right (Intensive Repair) with the Purple polish. 

Dove states that the Nourishing Oil Care conditioner (the left one) is:
"A unique blend with non-greasy natural almond and mineral oils that are so fine, they are rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish and replenish essential nutrients. It’s next generation nourishment for beautifully smooth, soft, shiny hair."

and the Intensive Repair conditioner (the right one): 
"Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Conditioner internally reconstructs hair and prevents split ends and breakage. Strengthens and nourishes hair from root to tip. Leaves hair strengthened and resilient to future damage without weighing it down."

So both seem pretty good! The nourishing oil care conditioner was rated 4.9 out of 5 on Makeupalley so I think it's a big success with a lot of people! and the Intensive repair conditioner was rated 3.9 out of 5 :)



Lastlyyyyy, My new camera came! It's absolutely gorgeous and fabulousoooo and I love it! I got a bit bored with my previous one and wanted a higher megapixel camera but also one that was less bulky as mine just looked like a DSLR (just not with the system of one haha). I thought I'd be a cool kid and get a Blue one instead of boring old black! ;) & I also got this fab Pink camera case from eBay to house my little cam and it comes with a little strap so you can use it as a camera bag :) 

I got the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS16 from John Lewis online for £99.95 (although the price has risen I've noticed from looking at the website!) 

You can find this:

and the pink camera case was £6.99 from eBay which you can find:

So that's all folks, All pictures in this post were taken on the new camera in case you wanted to know! 

Lozz
x

No comments:

Post a Comment