Friday, 11 May 2012

Collective Haul for April/May 2012 [Part 1!]

I've been buying like mad again recently as I've found so many brill bargains! I've had to split this haul into two because it is literally massive and I still haven't received some items in the post I wanted to include!


Doc Marten Inspired Black Patent Boots - eBay - £20.49 (inc. p&p)
I showed these in a recent outfit of the day, I've been lusting after patent Docs for ageeeeees now but I can never justify the hefty £80 price tag, so I decided to hunt for some good looking fakes, I managed to find these on eBay and loved the tag detail on the backs of the shoes making the shoes more similar to the real thing, They are super comfortable, I've already gotten them a little bit dirty so excuse the state of them haha!

Pleated Faux Leather Skirt - H&M - £10 (sale - RRP: £19.99)
The infamous pleated leather skirt from H&M, nearly everyone in the blogging community owns this or some variation (the Primark lookalike!), I wasn't too interested in pursuing it due to it being sold out pretty much everywhere and on sites like eBay they were going for up to 3 times their worth! But my friend actually found this in our local store in the sale for only £10, I couldn't believe it considering some of  the skirts were going for £50/£60 online, So I decided to go in and try and find my size, sadly they didn't have any, I decided to buy a size 12 just to sell online and made £36 from it (£26 profit!) so I ended up going back in and bought the last few they had in there (which was another size 12 and a size 16), I then tried on the size 12 and realised it actually fitted ok for me (considering everyone described these skirts as small fitting) so I decided to keep it and sold the size 16 online and ended up making £42 for that (£32 profit) so it was a great way to make some easy money & I really love the pleats!

Faux Leather Skater Skirt - H&M - Around £17 (eBay)
This is the first faux leather skirt I bought and saw a girl selling this buy it now on eBay, It had been worn once but I was still getting £2-£3 off the RRP so this didn't bother me, The irritating thing was I later found out it was in my local store in the sale in my size for only £7 which was quite disappointing but It's such a lovely skirt and I've gotten tons of compliments on it! It has a silver zip at the back and I think this skirt was seen on Louise from the last big brother (If you watch that show and you live in the UK you'll know who I'm on about). It's super comfortable and super flattering!

Skull Head Bangle - eBay - £2.49
I recently lost my favourite dainty silver cross bracelet that I normally chuck on when I'm wearing something with a 'busy' print etc. and want to wear jewellery that's more subtle, I loved it so much and was so annoyed when I lost it on a night out! I remembered seeing this bangle on VIPXO's blog a few months back in her 'eBay inspired' blog posts, Me being the bargain hunter I am I managed to find a really cheap price for it and got this for £2.49 with free postage, It took about 2 weeks to get here which isn't bad for international postage!

Star, Cross & Moon Quadruple Ring Set - Topshop - £4.50 (sale - RRP: £16.50)
I saw these rings in Topshop the other month, they were in the sale but were half price and down to £8.25, I was tempted to buy them but still couldn't justify spending £8 on 4 rings that I didn't particularly need but I was absolutely in love with the pentagram ring, I decided to look on eBay and that wasn't very promising, it still came to about £2-£3 at cheapest for just one pentagram ring so I decided to leave it. I was in town the other week and ended up looking in the sale again, and realised the rings had reduced to just £4.50, I was 'over the moon' (pardon the pun) and purchased them straight away!

Club master Sunglasses - Primark via eBay - £3
I fell in love with these sunglasses as soon as I saw them, I tried to get them in my local Primark store as they were in the sale for only 50p but the only pair left was broken :( I found them on eBay from a seller who was selling them relatively cheap for £3 altogether including P&P, They were originally £2 in the shop so it's only really a postage difference if anything! These are still the cheapest club master glasses on eBay but they aren't actually listed under that name, I just typed in Primark sunglasses and tons of people were selling these on there! I absolutely love them but I seem to have the wrong nose for them as they always fall off :( Might have to invest in a more expensive pair!

Black Pussybow Skull Blouse - EllaTino.co.uk - £20.45 (25% off & p&p inc.)
I recently found this website from Heather's blog as I'd been looking for a 'Alexander McQueen' inspired skull top for ageees and the only ones I could find was strappy tops or t-shirts and I was looking for a long sleeved shirt/blouse instead! They had contacted her about a give-away they were having to mention to her followers and they also provided her with a special 25% off code for everyone to use also, So when I saw this blouse I knew I had to have it! The shirt was priced at £22 and with discount I got it for £16.50 and then it was £3.95 postage so it was a pretty good deal! I got the size large which is actually a size 12-14, and with me being a size 16 this caused slight issues but only to the point of having to wear it tucked into a skirt, and I also have to wear it buttoned down at the moment, As you can see in the pictures I can button it up but it's tight due to my chest area haha so I'm hoping due to trying to lose weight at the moment this won't be a problem much longer, but as you can see I also made it work with it tied down so it's s'all gooood :D They don't actually sell this shirt on their website any more, But I found it on another site for much cheaper, I think the size 10 they are selling is the Medium and the size 12 is a size Large just in case you're wondering why this site has different sizing to Ella Tino!

Plus Size Suspender Tights - Pamela Mann via eBay - £4.99
I've bought a few pairs of suspender tights in the past, 2 pairs of Henry Holland ones (one pair which ended up with a huge hole in it) and a pair of cheap eBay ones which I ended up putting a hole in within one day of having them >_> So I decided to browse about for plus size suspender tights, I generally have bigger legs anyway and I'm a 16 on bottom without fail due to my big thighs! I found these plus size tights by a brand called Pamela Mann via an eBay seller, Pamela Mann sell these tights on their website for £7.99 so it was cheaper to get them on eBay! To be honest with you the 16-18 fits more like a 14 on me, I wasn't too impressed with them but Pamela Mann actually caters from size 8 up to size 32 in these babies, although I think the size up would be too big for me (being size 20-26), I highly recommend them though as they definitely feel stronger than the cheap pair I've had in the past and still aren't as expensive as Henry Holland ones!

My sister actually bought these first, She's not really into crosses but I saw these a while back and I was tempted but being a M/L (12-14) I didn't think they would fit my size 16 legs so I persuaded her to buy them (as I love helping her shop he he) My sister got these from a independent website with a lot of other items and I sneakily tried them on when she received them and they fit me perfectly, not tight or small in the slightest, If anything I think they fit a size 16 better haha, I managed to get mine from eBay (as it was cheaper) and these are quite similar to the black milk cross leggings
UPDATE: I have actually just realised the seller now does L/XL (16) in these leggings now so If you have big legs and are worried the M/L will not fit you they now do a size up :) 


This was a pretty heavy writing post so I apologize for the babbling!

Hope you enjoyed, Stay tuned for part 2!

Lozz
x

6 comments:

  1. Great post :) And I really love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul. Love those leggings x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower loving your blog! You have some great ideas xx

    http://www.samantha-lorraine-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I have the h&m pleated leather skirt in a size14 cos I bough titian a euro 40 thinking h&m would size this big S well but it's really big on my waist. It's brand new with tags, would you like to swap your 12 for it at all? Cheeky I know but thought I'd ask lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've actually lost 2 stone since this post haha, I used to be a size 16-18 but i'm now a size 10-12 so the 12 fits me perfectly haha a 14 would be too big now!

      Delete
  5. Omg wow! Lol feel free to share your secret to weight loss! My goal is two stones as well! I've just checked out your pics and you look fab! I can't say the skirt doesn't suit you cos it defo looks great on you! x

    ReplyDelete