Sunday, 24 June 2012

Glossybox June '12

(Yves Rocher mascara brush)
(swatch of BM Beauty's bronzer in Summer Warmth)

So a few weeks ago I received an e-mail from Paypal with a 30% off code for Glossybox, So I decided to buy a one-off box and then cancel again! I'm actually really glad I did because for once I received a box pretty much all make-up related (except from the perfume), And I love trying new make-up!

 So far I've tried all of the products except from the blush brush and the bronzer. I am absolutely in love with the Yves Rocher France mascara, I've used it twice now and It makes my lashes sooo long, I think it's a 'curl' brush, So I might invest in this mascara or I'm considering trying the Eyeko 'Curvy' mascara, which seems quite similar, I've seen really good reviews for it and it's cheaper (only by a few £££ though!). I've heard of Vichy Dermablend before, and I've tested the foundation out of my hand before in Boots after hearing tons of reviews on it. Essentially, The brand is perfect for people with bad acne scarring etc. and a lot of their stuff is really full coverage stuff. I really like this concealer, I've tried no. 12 (Opal) so far on my under eye and it feels thin to apply so doesn't leave a horrible caked feeling and the coverage is probably medium rather than full but I've used this pretty much everyday since I got the box, I usually use Benefit's erase paste and that normally feels quite heavy so I have to be quite light handed! I like the Agent Provocateur perfumes, you get a little box of three, I have way too many perfumes by now though so I'll probably keep this to as a gift for someone! 

Like I said, I'm yet to try the Glossybox brush but I've brushed over my face with it to feel how soft the bristles are and they seem pretty mediocre, It's not the softest brush I've used but not the worst either! I've swatched the BM Beauty bronzer on my hand and you can see in the above picture how pale it comes out on me, It's almost the same colour as my skin (God knows how that works since I'm insanely pale and usually wear shades Ivory/NC15) but If it still comes out on my face like this I'll probably wear it as a light bronzer or a highlighter!

Overall, I'm happy with this box and I think all the items will get used! I'm happy to also of found a product that I'd actually like to repurchase (The mascara)!

Did you receive a Glossybox this month?

Lozz
x

No comments:

Post a Comment