Sunday, 4 November 2012

Halloween 2012! - The Ghost of Marie Antoinette

Ghost of Marie Antoinette costume - eBay - £14.99; White Bow Suspenders with Garter - eBay - £3.40 (inc. p&p); Black feather hair clip - eBay - £1.99 (inc. p&p); Jeffrey Campbell Cuffed in 'Pewter' - Office sale - £60 (at the time I bought them); Diamond dangle earrings - Primark - Around £3

So this year for Halloween I decided to be the one thing I've wanted to do for about 5 years now and never got around to doing, which is Marie Antoinette! I found this amazing bargain of a costume on eBay so I decided to go with a dead/ghost version instead of the prettier version, since it was Halloween and all! 

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of my face make-up or my hair because I was in such a rush on Halloween night, (The first pic was of me trying the costume on the day before!) I only got a quick snap of the little Marina and the Diamonds inspired eye-liner heart but I'm gutted I didn't get more photos as I was sooo impressed with my hair! To briefly explain it, I curled my hair with heated rollers and pinned it into an up do with a curl hanging down the side of my face, I then sprayed my fringe back into a sort of curled quiff with hair spray and then I attacked it with dry shampoo to make my hair look whiter! Make-up wise, I did a black and grey smoky eye and contoured with grey eye-shadow all around my face, I drew a little heart in eye-liner (as seen) under one of my eyes and used a neon pink blush (17 Blush in First Flush) for the 'Marie Antoinette' feel, Lastly I used a dark red lipstick (Diva by MAC) and a dark purple lip liner (Blackberry by Sleek). I also bought this fake blood cake make-up and drew a bloody line around my neck (as Marie Antoinette's head was cut off !).

Halloween was so much fun this year and actually going all out with my costume made it more exciting! 

I'm currently selling the Jeffrey Campbell shoes I wore on Halloween on eBay, they don't include the shoe bows that I wore on Halloween haha (they came with the costume!) but I'm trying to clear out my JC collection as I'm moving house! 

What did you do for Halloween this year and what's your plans for next year?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever outfit!
    Might need to steal this next year, I love it! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete